Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cat and Dog Theology

Sometime ago, I heard of a book that captured my attention.  Two reasons could be 1) I'm an animal lover and 2) I'm a Christian.   The title of the book is Cat and Dog Theology by Bob Sjogren and Gerald Robison.   My interest was piqued.

Click here to read a short excerpt of the book.

"It is said that a dog thinks to itself regarding his master, “He feeds me, he shelters me, he cares for me, and he loves me.  He must be god!”  The cat makes similar observations but says  “He feeds me, he shelters me, he cares for me and he loves me, therefore I must be god!"

Looking at my own life, the people I've met and continually meet, and even some that I've counseled, there is some truth to the statement above.   

I created this short test for fun.  Click this link to answer the Cat or Dog Personality Test.


Quizzes by Quibblo.com | SnapApp Quiz Apps

What was your result?  Are you a dog or a cat? 

Kidding aside, most of us tend to switch between the dog and cat personalities, depending on what the situation is.  Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."   The same goes for Christians who experience trials and testings in life.   Our true character comes out.

However, when it comes toward our relationship with our true Master (Jesus Christ), we need to embrace the trust, loyalty, and faith of a child towards his Father.   Many of us fail to realize that God is the ultimate loving Master who cares for our littlest and grandest of needs.


Hebrews 13:5 says Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

God indeed will never forsake us if we submit our lives to Him that He, above anything else, must come first.  But many of us panic and refuse to wait for His goodness.  As soon as problems arise, we ask God for the solution ASAP as if God existed to please and cater to us, and not the other way around.   God created us for one and one thing alone.  To worship Him and praise Him for who He is, for what He has done, and what He will continue to do in our lives.

Exodus 7:16  (God speaking to Moses) 16Then say to him (Pharaoh of Egypt), ‘The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, has sent me to say to you: Let my people go, so that they may worship me in the wilderness. But until now you have not listened. 

I, for one, am listening  and two, would always like to imbibe a Dog Theology towards my true Lord, Savior, and Master, Jesus Christ. 

*Note: If this entry has touched you and you know God is personally talking to you, you might want to say a similar prayer like this: Dear God, help me to trust You more and more each day.  Forgive me for those instances where I blamed You and demanded solutions right away.  Help me increase my faith. I want to worship You and praise You with childlike faith. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment