Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Let Go and Let God

We put so much power to the word CANCER that once you are diagnosed with this, you start living your life in fear and worry even after the operation and therapies.  This is something I refuse to do but at odd moments of the day,  I cannot help but think, "Will it come back?  Will it spread?  Are the cancer cells spreading right now?" 

People who care will sometimes say "How are you?  Are you cured? What's the status?"  I wouldn't know how to reply.    I would usually say, "By faith, I'm cured."   We would then go our separate ways but the thought of "Am I really cured", lingers in my mind.

One of the main causes of this sickness is stress.  Being in a state of stress makes your body acidic and this affects your immune system.   So I tell myself to not stress about the unknown.  First and foremost, you can only control what's within your reach.  These include sleeping early, drinking lots of water, eating fruits and vegetables, going outdoors and basking under the sun,  getting active by exercising. 

The rest, I lift up to God in faith, knowing full well He is in control.  In this aspect, then yes, by faith, I am cured.






No comments:

Post a Comment